Frequently Asked Questions
1. Why should our son choose Future Stars over other basketball camps?
The reason is obvious. Future Stars is run by coaches of today. Your son
will be introduced to and coached by current high school and college coaches.
They are up to date with today's player and the needs of today's player.
2. How long has Future Stars Basketball Camp been in existence?
Future Stars has been providing intensive quality instruction for 30 years.
3 How involved are Jim Nazos and Mike Healy in the camp?
They are both there every minute of everyday. They will even lead various
4. May parents visit the camp?
Yes, anytime! Parents are encouraged to come every night at 7:00pm.
The players will be involved in the evening session where games take place.
5. How are the boys grouped for games, drills, etc.?
We organize the campers by grade.
6. Will my son be able to room with or near his friend?
Yes, we make every attempt to follow the roommate request and if there are
boys that want to room near each other we will also accommodate that
7. How are the dorm rooms organized?
There are 4 to a room. There are two beds in the front of the room and two
beds in the back with full bath and closet separating the sleeping areas. We
assign rooms according to grade and roommate preference.
8. What is the ratio of staff to campers?
We have a minimum ratio of 8 campers to every 1 staff member.
9. My son may have a baseball game or two during camp. Is it OK for us to
take him out of camp for a few hours to play baseball?
This is not a problem at all. Kids will have things to attend to during camp
hours. It is ok to leave but they have to sign out with either Mike Healy or
10. Who is on your staff? How do you choose them?
Our staff is filled with high school and college coaches. We also have
current college players that work with your son as well. We are very proud
of our staff and many of our coaches come back every year.
11. What time should commuters arrive each day?
Sunday - commuters should arrive for check-in and be ready to play from
Monday - Thursday - commuters have the option to eat breakfast with the
other campers. If they choose to eat breakfast, they should arrive between
7:15am-7:30am. Otherwise, they need to arrive at 9:00am and plan to stay
the entire day being picked up at 9:00pm. During rest times, commuters
are allowed to use field house facilities and lounge areas at the dorms.
12. What should my son bring with him to camp?
We suggest you bring the following items to camp:
a. Athletic equipment: socks, basketball shoes, shorts, T-shirts, and
b. Informal clothing: swim suit, sweatshirts, and sweatpants
c. All personal hygiene articles including hand and body soap
d. Bedding and linens: Blanket, pillow, extra long twin bed sheets
f. Alarm clock
13. I need copies of the registration paperwork.
Pre Camp Info: (coming soon)
Camp Rules: (coming soon)
Medical Authorization: Medical Authorization.doc
Campus Map: Campus Map.doc